New Strippit PL Punch-Laser Combination Machine
LVD introduces the Strippit PL Punch-Laser combination, a machine that combines the punching and forming advantages of the Strippit PX or V Series punch press with the speed and versatility of fiber laser cutting to complete multiple processes on a single machine, answering the need for flexible manufacturing. Three punch-laser models are available: the single-head style Strippit PX 1530-L and Strippit V 1530-L in thick- and thin-turret configurations.
The addition of the Strippit PL to the LVD portfolio creates the most comprehensive punch press product offering in the industry.
Small batches, short lead times, increasingly complex parts drive the need for flexible manufacturing. Strippit PL offers two technologies in one machine for more versatility than single-process equipment. Strippit PL can laser cut intricate shapes and process materials up to 0.390" (10 mm), efficiently punch holes up to 1/4" (6.35 mm), produce forms and bends up to 3.543" (90 mm) in length and up to 3" (75 mm) high on the Strippit PX 1530-L.
Combination technology offers complete part processing. The punch press handles high-speed punching and forming operations. The fiber laser delivers high-quality cutting of outer contours, intricate inner contours and can be used for material etching.
The combination of technologies eliminates processes, can improve part quality, reduces production time and material handling, and lowers the cost per part in both small lot sizes and high production runs.
In 1978, Strippit brought punch-laser technology to sheet metal fabrication. Today, a combination machine is more practical than ever because of advances in laser cutting and punching technology.
The solid-state fiber laser has minimal components, offers high cutting speed, and low-maintenance costs making cutting operations faster, more accurate and cost-effective. Strippit PL is offered with a 3 kW or 4 kW fiber laser source.
- The Strippit PX single-head 20-ton punch press can punch, form, bend and tap, forming flanges up to 75 mm high, countersinking and scribing with top productivity. Twenty indexable tool stations hold any size tool, up to a maximum tool diameter of 3.543" (90 mm).
- The Strippit V thick-turret model features a versatile 48-station turret. The Strippit V thin-turret configuration has a 40-station turret. Both 30-ton machines are equipped with four programmable 3.5" (88.9 mm) indexable stations and are designed to handle high tonnage applications.
Strippit PL includes features that deliver high productivity with uninterrupted operation.
- The machine can process a 60" x 120" (1524 x 3048 mm) workpiece without repositioning.
- A large 15.9" x 60" (406 x 1524 mm) work chute evacuates laser cut parts.
- A rack and pinion drive system eliminates backlash and provides accurate positioning.
Automation adds next-level productivity. LVD offers MOVit, a comprehensive range of automation systems, including TAS (Tower Automation System) and WAS (Warehouse Automation System) options providing highly configurable tower storage solutions. Also available in the MOVit range is the Compact Tower (CT-P) for loading, unloading and storing raw materials, skeletons and finished parts.