Electrical Design Engineer
Perform a wide variety of engineering duties with respect to changes as well as original electrical designs of machines, electrical devices and subassemblies.
- Primary support of existing numerical and computer controls for machine tool products. In part to include analysis of control/machine systems, specific control requirements along with the design and packaging of production systems.
- Develop PLC programs to control machinery functions.
- Design and development systems associated with new machine tool products as needed.
- Initiate and implement electrical design improvements to existing equipment for purposes of cost reduction and functional improvement.
- Perform failure and hazard analysis on existing and new product designs incorporating proper safeguards and warnings minimizing product liability exposures.
- Render technical assistance to other departments as necessary by performing tests, adjustments and repair work on electrical/electronic equipment in-house and in the field.
- Review customer specifications and assist with the preparation of quotations and proposals.
- Organize coordination of work to meet established schedules, and project timeframes working collectively with others on bills of material, print releases, component selection, schematics, and related areas.
- Maintain familiarization with electrical codes as they relate to machine tools.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 2-5 years related experience designing products in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of electrical wiring of industrial machinery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Detail orientated
- Able to collaborate and interact with others
- Demonstrated electrical and creative capabilities
Technical skills/special requirements
- Demonstrated computer skills (CAD, Pro-Engineer Microsoft office environment, Work, Excel, e-mail, internal network)
- Work environment will consist of a regular office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing setting
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion
- No other employees directly report to this position
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.