Position location: Buffalo, NY
Rate Range: WR 5 - $21.87 / Hour - Step Increases after 6 months and 12 months
Occupational Group XIV
This position is restricted to US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders.
- Plans and performs all required operations to prepare and paint a variety of finished machine products, machine components and accessories, various parts and any other painting operations as required following generally prescribed methods and procedures.
- Works from shop orders, standard and customer specifications charts and instructions to determine finish requirements and paint specifications.
- Mixes paints, enamels and lacquers with thinners or reducers to specified consistencies and viscosities for spraying or brushing.
- Fill and seal pressure containers.
- Select and attach proper nozzle, adjust air pressure, and spay gun for specific painting operations.
- Prepare surfaces for painting; sand, wash, degrease and clean as necessary.
- Position work in booth, on floor or table, and use hooks, fixtures, and other devices.
- Mask machined or pre-painted surfaces, wires, instruments, mechanisms, and other areas not to be painted.
- Operate waterfall booth controls.
- Perform spray and hand brushing operations to apply paint in or prime or finish coats to cover areas completely, obtain proper finish and avoid thin spots or runs.
- Periodic cleaning of equipment such as guns, hoses, water reservoir and other painting accessories.
- Notify supervision when supplies are low or required.
- Notify supervisor of faulty material or faulty operations.
- Maintain specified records of work performed and material processed.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Consistently performs high quality work and meets or exceeds production standards for efficiency and productivity. May be asked to occasionally travel to customer sites for finish repair of machinery.
- Perform various other similar or associated duties as required or as directed.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience with industrial or automotive painting.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time-Off
- Tool Allowance
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.