Technical Support Specialist
Positions open in:
- Akron, NY
Provides technical and troubleshooting assistance to customers and field service engineers regarding product specific functionality, operational controls and spare parts availability.
- Help resolve technical problems on standard, special, and CNC machine tool products and controls.
- Verbally assist customers and customer service representatives with both electrical and mechanical technical advice obtained from technical manuals, engineering, etc.
- Maintain all reference materials at workstation in a neat and orderly manner to properly support assigned products.
- Work directly with Engineering and advise the department manager of field problems related to software, hardware, support equipment, or problems of a design nature for clarification and resolution.
- Keep abreast of new product development through direct contact with engineering, marketing and the training department.
- Help serve as technical training instructor to regional service groups and customers on new and old equipment.
- Collect data on field failures and consult with manager on difficult problems or unusual situations.
- Write procedures for repair or replacement of components.
- Actively participate in product improvement meetings and recommend design changes or modifications to improve overall product reliability.
- Promote excellent customer relations through courteous, accurate and informative correspondence, both verbal and written.
- Generate service technical bulletins to advise customer service representatives and other qualified parties of procedure, design modifications, or change.
- Process spare parts orders when necessary.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary.
- Must be able to travel domestically to support service area on a regular basis (Up to 50%); occasional international travel.
- AAS Degree in a technical major, preferably in Mechanical or Electronic Technology
- 3 – 5 years’ experience servicing CNC punching, bending or metal cutting laser equipment and Fanuc controls
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service orientated skills
- Able to collaborate and interact with others to resolve difficult customer situations
- Demonstrated mechanical and creative capabilities
Technical skills/special requirements
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft office environment, internal network)
- Computer hardware, Bios, operating systems, networking and CAD/CAM experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience using multimeters, oscilloscopes and other electronic and precision mechanical equipment
- Work environment will consist of a regular office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing setting
- Must be able to provide proper documentation for occasional international / domestic travel
- No other employees directly report to this position
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.