COVID-19 action plan update - LVD Belgium is NOT on lockdown
LVD puts a priority on the health and safety of its employees, customers and business partners. As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, we continue to monitor developments, adapt and follow protocols put in place by local and state health officials and the World Health Organization.
Below is an update on LVD Company’s Coronavirus action plan:
Continuing operations while minimizing risks for our employees
Belgium is taking strict measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. LVD Company in Belgium has proactively implemented procedures so that our production facility can remain in operation under these new guidelines.
The following measures are being taken:
- We have reduced team sizes to the necessary minimum and introduced additional shifts to minimize social contact
- We are promoting remote working wherever possible
- We’ve adapted healthy safety measures for all of our employees and communicated latest personal protection guidelines, such as:
- Social distancing
- Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
- Use of personal protective equipment by LVD field service engineers when making service calls
- Other measures outlined by the World Health Organization.
- We are following the travel advisory guidelines issued by the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and are restricting all non-essential business travel and all travel to high-risk areas
- We are encouraging all employees to self-quarantine/work from home if infection is suspected.
LVD subsidiaries are asked to implement similar precautionary measures to contain the spread of COVID-19. These may vary by country/region.
Guaranteeing support to our clients worldwide leveraging latest technology
All non-essential physical visits to LVD Company in Belgium such as sales visits have been suspended. However it is important to note that all departments are active albeit with adapted working procedures. We are creating new solutions to ensure delivery of machines and spare parts and to offer sales and service support.
We are currently working on innovative solutions leveraging latest technology (Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, collaboration tools) and will start implementing some of the solutions over the coming weeks.
As the situation evolves, LVD will revise/update its response accordingly.
For additional information on COVID-19, visit the World Health Organization Coronavirus website.