Senior sales engineer
- Execute an organized program of lead follow-up, trade contract development, and other planning prospecting activity for network development of clients in the Sheet Metal Fabrication industry;
- Maintain planned, timely contact program with new and existing customers including travel to customer site for face-to-face contact to assess current and future need for additional equipment;
- Maintain general paperwork timely (sales, expense reports, lost business, etc.);
- Assist with problem resolution and collection activities;
- Maintain and provide LVD Malaysia, customer related data including key contacts and machines installed by LVD and/or direct competitors;
- Submit to management on project status reports in a timely manner;
- Prepare sales proposals and reports on proposal activity;
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company products and application to customer and prospect needs;
- Maintain thorough knowledge and generate feedback relative to competitive products and tactics;
- Assist with exhibition / trade show preparation and attend shows as required;
- Prepare other reports as when required;
- Suggest changes in company product or policy as determined by competitive or market factors;
- Maintain on-going program of personal selling and marketing skills improvement.
- Diploma or Degree is preferable both in Business / Technical / Engineering discipline or equivalent sales experience;
- Experience in selling capital equipment to metal fabricating industry will be an added advantage.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Local dialect language is an added advantage;
- Detail oriented;
- Strong negotiation and project management skills.
Technical skills/special requirements
- You are proficient within a Microsoft Office environment (Work, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- You have a valid & clean driver’s license;
- You possess your own car and you must be able to travel as required and have the ability to work various hours as business conditions apply;
- You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- You are a self-motivated and industrious achiever;
- You are a pleasant and dynamic personality combined with enthusiasm and desire for continuous learning;
- You have good communication skills, verbal and written English are mandatory;
- Additional Mandarin and other Chinese dialects will be an added advantage;
- You are able to work under pressure and independently.
LVD Malaysia offers a Total Rewards package for competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and Dental plan;
- Personal Accidental & Death Insurance;
- Retirement Fund with Co. contribution;
- Travelling Allowances;
- Car Allowances;
- Sales commissions **(Applicable for Sales personnel);
- Overseas Training;
- Paid vacation and holidays according to Malaysia’s regulations.