Field Service Technician
- Perform a variety of technical field service related duties involving new product installations including equipment start up, functional testing, and customer training;
- Serve as a professional company representative providing exceptional customer service while at customer locations or while in any service support role;
- Read, understand and work to blueprints, drawings, schematics, manuals and other specifications;
- Be responsible for documentation of machine data, service history and quality information;
- Assist customers with parts identification and ordering;
- Demonstrate products as necessary in support of sales;
- Communicate with the Service Manager to insure customer expectations are met and important information is passed on to the proper parties;
- Maintain prompt communication of expense and, service reports, etc. on a weekly basis;
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements as may be developed through field service activity;
- Travel domestically to support service area on a regular basis (Up to 100%); occasional regional travel.
- One year Technical Diploma (Mechanical, Electrical or Laser technology) or the equivalent combination of technical school training / industrial experience required;
- Minimum one year related hands on mechanical/electronic/assembly repair experience required. Previous experience in CNC fabrication machinery equipment repair will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to effectively comprehend and communicate technical concepts;
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies;
- Strong time & project management skills;
- Detail orientated;
- Able to collaborate and interact with others.
Technical skills/special requirements
- You are a team player;
- You have a valid & clean driver’s license;
- You must be able to travel as required and have the ability to work longer hours as service conditions required with paid overtime;
- You are able to work under pressure and independently;
- You have demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft office environment, internal network);
- Computer hardware, Bios, operating systems, networking and CAD/CAM experience is a plus;
- You have demonstrated experience using multimeters, oscilloscopes and other electronic and precision mechanical equipment;
- You must be able to lift /move objects up to 20 Kg consistently with heavier weight necessary at times;
- The work environment will consist of regular exposure to dust, odor, oil, fumes and noise in a manufacturing environment.
LVD Malaysia offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and Dental plan;
- Life Insurance;
- Personal Accidental & Death Insurance;
- Short and long term disability Insurance coverage;
- Retirement Fund with Co. contribution;
- Travelling Allowances;
- Car Allowances;
- Sales commissions (Applicable for Sales personnel);
- Overseas Training;
- Paid vacation and holidays according to Malaysia’s HRDF.