Technical Buyer - USA
Position location: Buffalo, NY
Plan purchased part requirements in keeping with corporate policies and procedures in addition to negotiating purchases with established (approved) or potential (conditional) suppliers.
- Supports lead time / manufacturing service level requirements.
- Plan purchasing order quantities and supplier inventory level for best total cost.
- Develop alternate sources while reducing overall vendor base.
- Develop, set up and integrate new systems (i.e., VMI, Kan-Ban, automated vouchering, etc.).
- Maintain supplier relationship to attain service targets, and ensure flexibility and on time delivery.
- Lead others in releasing blanket orders (i.e., electronics, hardware, etc.).
- Attain total cost reductions as measured vs. standard.
- Review and evaluate best possible cost on manufactured parts from outside sources.
- Other special assignments as required.
- Two (2) year Associate degree in Materials Management or Manufacturing Technology
- 3-5 years previous industrial MRO buying / planning exp. in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated estimating and manufacturing engineering process analysis experience
- CPIM / APICS certification a plus
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Customer service oriented
- Able to collaborate and interact with others
Technical skills/special requirements
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office environment, Word, Excel, e-mail), internal network and ERP system
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Work environment will consist of occasional exposure to dust, odor, oil, fumes and noise in a manufacturing environment
- No other employees directly report to this position
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid time off and holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.