Software Customer Support (Offline Programmer)
Position location: Buffalo, NY
Provide and apply the most efficient CNC programming support on related machining and fabricating equipment while maintaining quality standards.
- Primarily responsible for providing technical support to customers and Strippit Field Service Technicians on CADMAN related products.
- Teach and demonstrate to customers and Strippit service personnel on the use of offline programming software products.
- Responsible for new machine posts and post-processors
- Provide technical support to customers and Strippit Field Service Technicians
- Assemble CADMAN package for customer orders.
- Maintain latest software versions and organize on network.
- Test and troubleshoot all new software versions.
- Responsible for punching machine software testing in imperial mode and debugging.
- Must also be familiar with software testing of laser and press brake products.
- Provide LVD service file and documentation for export machines.
- May occasionally be expected to facilitate CADMAN software training classes.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Programming or related.
- 1-3 years computer networking, programming software experience desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated facilitation and customer relation skills.
- Proactive, highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented.
Technical skills/special requirements
- Previous experience with N/C, or CNC programming will be given preference.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware; loading of software.
- Experienced with computer networking; basic SQL user experience.
- Mechanically inclined.
Must be available to travel to customer sites to offer training and to solve problems with software products.
Work environment is a regular office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing setting.
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.