Regional Service Manager
Position location: Buffalo, NY (for Northwest & Southwest Regions)
The regional service manager is responsible for the management of Field Service Engineers and customer satisfaction within a specific geographic region.
- Monitor scheduling and response time of on-site service.
- Monitor performance and supervise field service Engineers & Service Coordinator.
- Monitor and maintain training of field service Engineers.
- Visit customers on-site as required.
- Prepare quotations for machine rebuilds and repairs.
- Make recommendations to Engineering and Marketing.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Issue credit and compile applicable supporting documentation.
- Review Service reports and monitor Regional Spare Parts order entry is timely/accurate.
- Recruit and make recommendations on new hire candidates.
- Review and approve expense reports and time cards.
- Monitor adherence to proper expense/service reports procedures.
- Interact with regional sales managers relative to customer’s problems.
- Enforce company rules, procedures and regulations.
- Support international activities as required.
- Attend trade shows as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the Regional Demo Center for Open Houses and/or Customer Demonstrations.
- Perform various other associated duties as required.
- Two (2) year Technical Associates Degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Laser technology) or the equivalent combination of technical school training and military / industrial experience required. Bachelor's Degree in Technical/Administrative Degree preferred.
- Field Service exposure to CNC machine tools, or significant related experience required. Strongly preferred Field Service on Strippit Equipment and prior Management experience.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively comprehend and communicate technical concepts.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong time & project management skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to collaborate and interact with others.
Technical skills/special requirements
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft office environment, internal network).
- Must possess a valid, clean driver license and credit card.
- Ability to resolve customer problems in a professional manner.
- Work environment will consist of occasional exposure to dust, odor, oil, fumes and noise in a manufacturing environment.
- Occasional travel to work with Field Service Engineers and visit Customer Locations required.
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.