Product Specialist – Lasers
Position location: Buffalo, NY
Responsible for being completely and technically familiar with the company’s laser products, off-line programming software, services and policies. This role advises and trains customers, sales personnel, product support personnel and others in the correct use and application of laser products. Will also support field sales engineers and marketing representatives in sales calls and sales activities to achieve target sales goals.
- Assist in developing programs to educate, instruct and assist company personnel, marketing representatives and customers in the use and application of laser products.
- Manage and lead customer demonstrations in the Akron, New York facility or at customer sites. Create customer sample parts and customer time studies under the direction of the Product Sales Manager – Lasers.
- Visit customers and prospects as required and assist company personnel to present products, promote better customers relations, discuss customer requirements and assist in resolving complaints. Work with the field sales force and customers in the development of new products and recommend changes to current products.
- Evaluate competitive products for feature/benefit analysis.
- Develop relationships with sales representatives through regular contact. Develop a travel schedule to regularly work with field sales units throughout North America.
- Attend and work trade shows and exhibits to present products to potential customers. Attend sales meetings to present the product line and instruct company personnel and provide technical and application information.
- Answer telephone calls and correspondence from direct sales, marketing representatives and customers on subjects relating to laser applications. Work with other customer personnel as necessary to resolve problems and obtain answers to questions and inquires.
- Maintain price books and competitive information files. Review and clarify customer orders for the order department or engineering. Prepare required reports and maintain records.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary.
- AAS degree in a technical major required, preference will be given to BS degrees in Mechanical or Industrial Technology.
- 3 – 5 years experience in the programming and operation of laser equipment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to collaborate and interact with others to resolve difficult customer situations.
- Demonstrated mechanical, design and creative capabilities strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service orientated skills.
- Able to collaborate and interact with others to resolve difficult customer situations and product challenges.
- Demonstrated electrical, mechanical and creative capabilities.
Technical skills/special requirements
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft office environment, internal network).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, networking and CAD/CAM software a plus.
- Demonstrated experience using diagnostic/test equipment, calipers, dial indicators, o-score.
- Work environment will consist of a regular office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing setting.
- Occasional domestic / international travel expected; proper documentation required.
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.