Position location: Buffalo, NY
Perform a wide variety of engineering duties with respect to changes as well as original designs of machines, mechanical devices and mechanical subassemblies.
- Select and specify components, write specifications for devices and equipment and evaluate
- product performance through testing and/or analysis.
- Create or provide pertinent information to create and release manufacturing drawings and bills of
- materials for mechanical assemblies.
- Assist with the building of first models of new or changed designs in machinery products, furnish
- engineering drawings and specifications, analyze design problems that may occur and assist in
- resolving production problems.
- Work with Designers and other departments to resolve problems associated with revised and/or
- existing designs.
- Work with vendors to investigate new and improved components for use in updated products.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary.
- Four (4) year Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Formal CAD training in 3D Solid Modeling.
- 1-3 years related experience designing products in a manufacturing environment. Previous machine tool experience preferred.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time and project management skills
- Able to collaborate and interact with others
- Demonstrated mechanical and creative ideas.
- Ability to effectively comprehend and communicate technical concepts.
- Detail orientated.
Technical skills/special requirements
- Demonstrated computer skills (CAD, Pro-Engineer Microsoft office environment, Work, Excel, e-mail, internal network).
- Work environment will consist of a regular office setting with occasional exposure to a
- manufacturing setting.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
- Occasional international / domestic travel required.
- No other employees directly report to this position.
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.