Manufacturing Division Manager
Manage the entire production process to ensure the products are delivered on schedule, with the desired quality and within the defined budget. Continuously seeking ways to improve the production process in terms of efficiency and output. Provides the direction to the production staff, leadership and achievement of goals for production employees and related operations, Manufacturing Engineering and other assigned operations and services.
- Develop an efficient organization of supervisory, purchasing, maintenance and production personnel to meet requirements of manufacturing programs.
- Planning of production manpower on both long and short term. Arrange for shifting of manpower and increases or decreases of personnel to conform with production requirements.
- Review and approve hiring, dismissals, transfers and promotions. Discuss personnel problems with the Human Resources Manager and resolve complaints. Conduct meetings with plant supervisory personnel as necessary.
- Make recommendations concerning policies affecting plant employees and see that established policies are carried out. Maintain and direct supervisors on the application of rules and regulations, maintenance of discipline, including safety concerns and shop cleanliness and appearance.
- Maintain and approve daily / weekly time & attendance records for respective areas.
- Understands working with of Collective Bargaining Agreements. Negotiates the best possible agreements for the company, in close cooperation with the HR department and implements them accordingly.
- Review daily production requirements with each supervisor. Assist, direct and instruct as necessary to insure a coordinated flow of scheduled work through the manufacturing departments.
- Implement processes to improve operating efficiency, product quality, cycle time and cost.
- Works closely together with his worldwide peers in the LVD group to share and implement best practices.
- Analyze production requirements and make recommendations for to meet the logistic objectives for the control and reduction of the working capital i.e. inventory, WIP, lead times, etc.
- Manage specific production projects as required.
- Ongoing interaction / collaboration with Sales & Service Management to provide accurate shipment schedules.
Budget & Cost
- Supervise the preparation of estimates of cost for new or special products.
- Assist in developing departmental budgets and maintain control of expenditures within approved budget limits.
- Develop estimated standards as a basis for cost studies, new processes and equipment, and for production planning and scheduling.
Engineering & Technology
- Keep abreast of new developments in manufacturing and participate in activities of approved industry or technical groups.
- Communicates directly with the engineering department within the LVD group to stay ahead with the newest developments and follows the policies and procedures for engineering change requests.
Environmental Health & Safety
- Responsible for management and compliance of environmental and safety/OSHA laws and regulations within respective areas.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to avoid and minimize Lost Time Accidents and incidents.
- Designated signatory for contracts, reports, estimates approvals, etc. as it pertains to designated regulatory agencies and / maintenance.
- Four (4) year degree preferably in Engineering or Technical discipline
- 5 -7 years previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate, motivate, and interact with others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Pragmatic, solution driven and stress resistant professional
- Safety conscious
- Proven supervisory / leadership skills
Technical skills/special requirements
- Able to read / interpret machine, and assembly related drawings
- Familiarization with machine shop / fabrication equipment
- Understanding of CNC machining and CAM programming
- Proven planning skills in a (discrete) manufacturing environment
- Understanding the principles of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen and continuous improvement
- Effective utilization of an MRP business operating system (ERP LN – SAP - Axapta)
- Effective utilization of other related computer programs (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Will be required to work in a machine shop environment on a daily basis
- Must be available for off-shift requirements as necessary
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.