Position location: Buffalo, NY
Responsible to supervise stockroom activities to achieve internal and external customer service objectives relative to inventory accuracy, order assembly, material handling, return goods processing and traffic management.
- Accountable for Data integrity for receipt and storage of warehouse materials ensuring record accuracy of counts and locations.
- Responsible for timely handling of transactions to provide 24-hour service to internal customers.
- Drive process improvement initiatives utilizing 5S and lean applications.
- Determine space utilization requirements and racking layout for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Supervise Traffic coordination and dock operations to reduce freight expense and advise Purchasing and Customer Service, as required, on carrier options. (best shipment mode)
- Perform the selection, training and evaluation of warehouse personnel.
- Monitor Quality and error control for all transactions.
- Train material handlers and develop an error analysis profile to provide feedback to minimize reoccurrence of material handling deviations.
- Manage the customer return procedure and ensure prompt evaluation of Return Goods and the processing of Quality complaints to a mutual satisfactory resolution.
- Responsible for generating and completing all shipping related documents; bill of lading, certificates of origin, NAFTA certificates, tariff codes and customs invoices.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Two (2) year degree preferably in Material Management or related.
- 3-5 years previous transportation / warehouse / distribution experience in a unionized environment. APICS or CPIM certifications desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate and interact with others
- Safety conscious
Technical skills/special requirements
- Familiarization with effective utilization of MRP business operating system (ERP LN) and other related computer programs (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Previous experience with 5S, lean, process improvement applications in a distribution setting required.
- Will be required to work in a manufacturing environment on a daily basis.
- Occasional lifting requirements up to approximately 50 pounds.
- Must be available for off-shift requirements as necessary.
- No other employees directly report to this position.
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.