Accountant - AP
Position location: Buffalo, NY
Perform wide variety of accounting duties. Review and analyze the general ledger, input journal entries, prepare financial statements, prepare various financial work sheets, and process accounts payable.
- Payment processing of vendor invoices.
- Review purchase requisitions for proper general ledger account numbers.
- Prepare details and post journal entries for month-end accruals of unprocessed invoices.
- Investigate and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Audit and process employee expense reports for payment.
- Record daily vendor activity and prepare a report summarizing the transactions.
- Monitor accounts payable activity by auditing vendor statements.
- Prepare monthly reports of significant expense variances to budgeted amounts.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in preparing budgets.
- Prepare various balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist the Corporate Controller with weekly AP check processing.
- Prepare and mail annual 1099 forms.
- Assist the Corporate Controller with bank audits and financial statement audits.
- Analyze and investigate unmatched vendor receipts over 30 days old.
- Review vendor invoice for proper sales tax, prepare details and process payment for self-assessment of sales and use tax.
- Prepare reconciliation reports for parent company and subsidiaries.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary.
- Four (4) year Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance
- Zero (0) to Three (3) years of experience in analytical accounting (problem solving, implementing process improvements)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Able to collaborate and interact with others
- Analytical skills
Technical skills/special requirements
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft office, Word, e-mail, internal network with emphasis on Excel).
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
- Work environment is a regular office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing setting.
- No other employees directly report to this position.
LVD Strippit, Inc. offers a Total Rewards package regarding a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. This package includes but is not limited to:
- Medical and dental plan
- Life Insurance for employees / dependents
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) savings plan with Company match
- Personal Cancer Indemnity plan
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance program
- Paid Time Off and holidays
LVD Strippit, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with state and federal laws without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap/disability, and veteran status.